Mrental Health of Dennis J. Darland
Back to Home page
Mail To: pal at dennisdarland dot com
Mental Health Information
- About Chronotypes
- I have also read:
Roenneberg, Till - Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired
- Also see On Sleep
Mental Heath Data
- Result of snobol program - Sleep, secondary sleep, exercise and yoga averages
- Other Comments
- I have found from personal experience that it can be too difficult to get help with mental health problems.
- This can be true even when you have insurance and are working.
- Apparently this is due to the criteria doctors are forced to use by insurance companies.
- Also I offered to pay outside insurance (and I did have enough money) but was still refused care.
- Eventually I did get help, but only after deteriorating for another couple weeks, and consequently losing my job>.
- With mental illness you can totally lose contact with reality, which is very dangerous.
- You can be unable to judge this oneself, and tend to conceal it.
- In my case it was unrelated to illegal drugs (I have never used them), although I have known of other who have mental health problems who have used drugs.
- I know because I obtained my medical records and found out that they test for that when you are hospitalized.
- I, myself, suspected I had been drugged, but the tests were negative.
- I, out of fear, had stopped eating and drinking anything.
- I had to be treated in ICU for dehydration before being transferred to mental health unit.
- I did have some trouble with beer many years ago, but had not been drinking either in these cases.
- They test for that also, and that was also negative.
- I have a fictionalized account and redacted scan of my medical records online.
- I would consider requests for passwords to access these, to people I know who have an interest or doubt.
- My main point is that it should be easier for the mentally ill, in crisis, to get help.
- One of the biggest signs to me of my mental health is how well I am sleeping
- Also I have memory problems
- This is nothing new - I have had the problem for many years.
- I think a lot of my memory problems are due to anxiety.
- I just finished Daniel Goleman'e Emotional Intelligence, which says that anxiety can affect memory.
- Throughout school I learned very few classmates names.
- I also seldom knew coworkers names.
- I could learn concepts and apply logic however. - so I could do math or physics OK
- But I cannot remember numbers (say even a phone number), or a short list of words.
- When programming I get so absorbed that I loose all track of time.
- I forget to eat, sleep and take medicine on time (though it is extremely rare to miss any doses altogether)
- I also start making stupid mistakes after I get tired.
- I set up 2 alarm clocks today (9/2/2015) (they only have 1 alarm time each - but I already had them) - to remind me to take medicine.
- I am also trying to keep up my physical exercise etc.
- See also Free Online Courses I am in the Process of Taking